Monday, April 7, 2008

American Idol

Stephanie, Catherine, Laura (me) and Karen in front of Simon's car. Catherine and I were interviewed in that lovely trailer behind us for American Idol Extra (our interview never made it but you can see us and hear us screaming in line go Brooke White).





Yes I know Brian Secrest is all of 4 feet tall but got to love him. Bart hasn't seen this picture yet.
It was crazy to see the contestants up close (we were standing with the teenagers in the mosh pit). TV is extremely deceiving the look much better in person but taller on TV. I couldn't believe how short they are like little umpa lumpas in the chocolate factory...

We had a blast!!! Leaving at 9:00 a.m. and returning home after midnight, but it was well worth it.
I am now a fan of Dolly Parton.

11 comments:

Alisa said...

I am so jealous you got to be there. How did Simon look close up? I love him!! Oh and of course you look smokin!!!

Brittany said...

Even though it was a super quick day trip it looks like you guys had a blast! I still can't believe you were actually there! Crazy!!!

Elizabeth Dover said...

WoW!!! How much fun! I am glad you went and did that, you'll have to tell me more about it sometime when I see you.

Angela said...

Hey Laura, I found your blog through Katrina. What a fun trip. I remembered you said you were going so I was trying to make a point to look/listen out for you guys but I fell asleep on the couch about 5 minutes into it. It sounds like you had so much fun though! I'm a little jealous!
You'll have to send me your email so I can add you to our blog (it's private) SalazarMay3@aol.com

Katrina said...

I want to go so bad! Send me that link so I can sign up for tickets.

What time on Thursday do you need me?

jaanderson family said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I am so jealous!

Cairen said...

Oh love the pictures! I seriously had a blast with all of you! We should plan another fun road trip this summer!

summer c said...

Yea! How fun! I have been faithfully watching AI this season and its been awesome! I am kinda a fan of david cook but thought it was TOTALLY corny last night when he wrote "give back" on his hand. It was kind of weird to be but he is a really good performer so whatever works.

Rachel McEwen said...

I wish I could have been there, it looks like you had a lot of fun! I agree with you there...t.v. is very deceiving. Oh and by the way his name is Ryan Seacrest, not Brian Seacrest:)

Mythreesons said...

I told you I'd be checking it out soon! I've already added you to my "blogroll"... sounds so official, no? Could you possibly get me Miss Marsha's phone numer... you said she was in your ward, right? I wanted to call about preschool availability for next Fall. Thanks Laura!
*Emily

Taylor Family said...

Ok so I found you!! Dont worry I am not a blogger stocker ha ha! I found you on Amanda Ainges blog!! I had a great time last night didnt you!! We all should go out and have a girls night out sometime soon!!